FAMH (2 DAY)
Supervising First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
This course builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health? • Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Identifying mental health conditions • Self-harm
• Providing advice and starting a conversation • Suicide
• Stress • Eating disorders
• Mental health conditions • Personality disorders
• Drugs and alcohol • Bipolar disorder
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan • Psychosis
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace • Schizophrenia
• Depression • Anxiety
A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 16 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.